segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012

Annunciation

Last illuminure of the year* - The Annunciation, based on an early 15th century Dutch Book of Hours. The "tiles" background is a very common type of background decoration during the 14th century, and it can be found in early 15th century manuscripts, although a more naturalistic type of background started to be more prominent. Personally I prefer the latter style, and this kind of tile painting is a huge time consuming process, but, allas no one can deny it has a more "trully" medieval aspect. :)

(*I can't promise anything!!:)


And as bonus, here's a photo of almost all the materials and tools I use during the process of drawing and painting an illuminure. 


And finally, my "medieval sketchbook" made by my friend Maria do Céu Ferreira.





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário